The Seventeenth International Conference on Ultra-Relativistic Nucleus-Nucleus Collisions (Quark Matter 2004)
took place in Oakland, California from January 11 - 17, 2004. The location of the conference was at the Oakland Marriott City Center in downtown Oakland. The conference included a one-day symposium for students on January 11, five days of conference talks and an option for a half-day excursion.
- New Results from p+p, p(d)+A and A+A Collisions
- Nuclear Stopping and Collective Transverse Dynamics
- Jets, Jet Correlations, and Jet Quenching
- Hadron Correlations and Fluctuations
- Strangeness and Heavy Flavor Production
- QCD at High Temperature and Density
- Astrophysical Aspects of Quark Matter
- New Theoretical Developments
- Future Experiments and Facilities
||Quark Matter 2004 was held in Oakland, California. Oakland has many attractions and is centrally located in the Bay Area. Berkeley is right next door. San Francisco is just a few minutes away by a BART train or a short trip by ferry. There is easy BART access to the conference hotel from either San Francisco or Oakland Airport.